CLAIRE’S QUEST is a dark fantasy adventure game. The game was built using RPG Maker MV, but unlike the majority of RPG Maker games out there, the game is totally devoid of combat. Gameplay instead revolves around dialogue, exploration, and puzzle-solving. There is particularly heavy emphasis on story and replay value.
You play as the titular Claire, a desperate refugee fleeing an invasion of her homeland that has stripped her of everything. Thrust into a world without innocence, filled with all manner of perils and the very worst of humanity, Claire seems doomed to meet with a grim end. As the player, will you help Claire to defy the odds, or have her succumb to a dread fate?
With your choices, you can decide the outcome of Claire’s Quest.
* The city of Rathpike has been fully overhauled, and is now in-game. This includes portraits, maps, sprites, and much, much more kudos to Ars. Most areas, old scenes, and quests are present. Old scenes that are now back and accessible include the two brothel scenes, the anal scene in the inn, the three Meat Pit scenes, and the stalker attack on a drunken Claire leaving the pub.
* New scene added to the warehouse (part of Thieves questline) – handjob can be given to the foreman.
* New scene and mini-faction added to the Undercity, the Urchins who can be encountered in Undercity West.
* New pissplay scene in the pub basement (Rusty Shield).
* Anal scene from the inn made easier to unlock; now only continued temptation (x3 times during the cleaning job) is required to trigger.
* Quest indicator system experimentally added to the Prologue area for player testing. They simply denote where quests are with a floating exclamation marker, and disappear as soon as player activates the quest.
* UI has been integrated with outfits; the UI portrait now changes depending on if Claire is wearing a specific outfit.
* Interactive map added to the world travel system. Travel between Valos and Rathpike now possible.
* Prologue routes have been changed, quite extensively; Grey can now drop you at either Rathpike or Valos as a free woman; Shady Sailor’s actions now send you to the Meat Pit or lead you to Rathpike as a free woman.
* Item iconset has been changed extensively, featuring a new high-quality set, with many custom ones done just for Claire’s Quest by Nikki. Many redundant items (ie. Lingerie, which only appears once and never gets used again) also removed, replaced with new items.
* Meat Pit encounter can now occur in the Undercity (East), provided this route is not activated via Shady Sailor. This is linked to a new “debt” questline in Rathpike can occur, barring Claire from travel out of the city until repaid; this debt can be defiantly rejected, which results in Claire being sent to the Meat Pit instead.
* Restaurant in Valos sells a full hunger restore meal on the spot rather than selling an item dish.
* Costume room added to the Gallery; the costumes are cosmetic only, for players who requested being able to change their outfits on whim. They do not affect gameplay directly.
* Patreon link added to title screen.
* Temporary Tigerlily in the Wash area, to be removed after Badlands returns.
* Increased speed when in Gallery so it’s easier to run to scenes you want to see. Speed decreases back to normal upon leaving Gallery.
* After Meat Pit ends, it no longer leads to a potential questline in Sorraine.
* “Life Is A Cabaret” questline fixed up, should no longer block progression and complete as intended.
* New BGM tracks added, but not widely propagated yet; one in Brabannois Club, one in the Casino.
* Fixed erroneous description for Dog Walker quest.