CLAIRE’S QUEST is a dark fantasy adventure game. The game was built using RPG Maker MV, but unlike the majority of RPG Maker games out there, the game is totally devoid of combat. Gameplay instead revolves around dialogue, exploration, and puzzle-solving. There is particularly heavy emphasis on story and replay value.
You play as the titular Claire, a desperate refugee fleeing an invasion of her homeland that has stripped her of everything. Thrust into a world without innocence, filled with all manner of perils and the very worst of humanity, Claire seems doomed to meet with a grim end. As the player, will you help Claire to defy the odds, or have her succumb to a dread fate?
With your choices, you can decide the outcome of Claire’s Quest.
* Basically just forgot to mention this last patch, but experimental new Gallery system where you can pay for a mass unlock for a given's areas scenes. Using as a placeholder for a later full unlock system for now. Now works as intended from 0.17.3 after removing coin deduction error and count error.
* No option to sell Tigerlily to Soft-Spoken Gypsy; also, Tigerlily is not checked, but rather, the Permit from Fort Amberley, for antidote. Fixed both issues.
* Fat Jack's old sprite in jail during thief progression. Fixed.
* Forbidden Knowledge quest does not update when speaking to Old Bailey innkeeper if you've unlocked the anal scene. Fixed.
* Several more pathing issues found and fixed in Prologue.
* WorldMap image missing, thus disabling the travel system. Fixed.
* Added the Badlands area, along with the Gypsy Camp there. Aiyana's Lab can be visited, but nothing to see yet.
* Manticores are now back in the Badlands region along with their gameover scene.
* Added Seaside Cottage, which advances the Thieves Questline to the Fat Jack mission.
* A new scene is available, the thug choking encounter, which occurs if Claire is caught while trying to escape the thug patrols in the Seaside Cottage.
* Fixed the exclamation marker/quest indicator showing up in the CG overlay when scenes are occurring.
* Added specific names/factions to the main questlines in the Quest Log for better grouping.
* Added the "Legacy" menu tab with Skill/Achievement categories; just a placeholder for now, but will be adding to it in the future.
* Fixed a major bug where the Shady Sailor's route leads to the game freezing
* Travel map is now locked until a destination is picked, stopping some continuation errors
* Fixed the mercenary pissplay scene in the basement still engages after talking your way out
* The dog in Rylar's new smithy in Valos still drops previously-assigned itemslots for feathers as thanks; fixed to now give attribute-specific gifts
* The post-Fairfelt scene with an imprisoned Lawrence uses Sleeping Powder rather than Aphrodisiac. Fixed.
* Stimulants added into the game, available from supply merchants. No penalty for using now, but added a warning as a placeholder for future consequence.
* Fixed the possibility of getting trapped in Hamley’s store, when setting fire to store after buying refugee's necklace. Returning refugee's necklace now stops you from setting fire to the store.
* The Cup and Trotter slimes were missing a slime extract drop; fixed.
* Various map/tile pathing issues in Hookton addressed
* The item that Lady Vane’s servant gives is changed to Pie over Cake
* Hilltop Inn groping scene disappears from Gallery if viewed there; fixed.
* Bear's Motley not deducted when made into the Bear-Girl Outfit by Roxanne; fixed.
* One of Pliny's dialogue options deducts Seduction instead of adding it; fixed.
* Alternate non-sexual/Pit route of rescuing Pit Girls via Secret Passageway (visible when Intrigue >9) in Undercity West. This route is disabled and Natalie potentially dies from the Pit if you advance past Fat Jack's storyline without rescuing and without coming out of the Pit.
* Updated the New Beginnings questline involving Natalie, Pit Girls, and the rescue victim from Fat Jack's.
* The temporary Tigerlily removed from the Wash, added to Badlands where it belongs (surrounded by Manticores lol)